Nelson Mandela Day
So today is Nelson Mandela day
And you might be wondering what made him so special?
Why does he deserve his own day?
Who is he ?
If you are among the few who have these questions in mind, no worries, I am about to give you a brief summary of a mind who influenced so many hearts and mind with his outstanding deeds and words.
Brief Story Of Nelson Mandela
He was a South African anti-apartheid revolutionary, political leader, and philanthropist who served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. He was the country’s first black head of state and the first elected in a fully representative democratic election.
Mandela served 27 years in prison, split between Robben Island, Pollsmoor Prison, and Victor Verster Prison. Amid growing domestic and international pressure, and with fears of a racial civil war, President F. W. de Klerk released him in 1990. Mandela and de Klerk led efforts to negotiate an end to apartheid, which resulted in the 1994 multiracial general election in which Mandela led the ANC to victory and became president.
Famous Nelson Mandela Quotes
Now that we are all caught up, let’s look at some words which add to his incredible legacy.
Some words who inspire us to be the best versions of ourselves.
Nelson Mandela Leadership Quotes
These Nelson Mandela quotes on leadership reminds of some of the qualities which make us great leaders.
They outline qualities such as ;
- Desire to serve and so much more.
- “You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.” – Nelson Mandela
- “The chains on any one of my people were the chains on all of them. The chains on all of my people were the chains on me.” – Nelson Mandela
- “As a leader of a mass organization, one must listen to the people.” – Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela Quotes On Fear
4. “Courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”– Nelson Mandela
5. “Our march to freedom is irreversible. We must not allow fear to stand in our way.”– Nelson Mandela
6.“The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
7. “As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”– Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela Quotes On Hope
These Nelson Mandela quotes on hope remind us that the best will be ours if we remember to be our best selves.
We will get our best lives when we don’t let the challenges we face mold us into someone we hate.
8. “I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say.” – Nelson Mandela
9. ” It always seems impossible until its done.”– Nelson Mandela
10. “Human beings have got the ability to adjust to anything.” – Nelson Mandela
11. “A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.” – Nelson Mandela
12. “If there are dreams about a beautiful South Africa, there are also roads that lead to their goal. Two of these roads could be named Goodness and Forgiveness.” – Nelson Mandela
13. “I have spent all my life dreaming of a golden age in which all problems will be solved and our wildest hopes fulfilled.” – Nelson Mandela
14. A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.– Nelson Mandela
15. “Significant progress is always possible if we ourselves try to plan every detail of our lives and actions.” – Nelson Mandela
16. “It is in your hands, to make a better world for all who live in it.” – Nelson Mandela
17. “There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair.” – Nelson Mandela
18. “One cannot be prepared for something while secretly believing it will not happen.” – Nelson Mandela
19. “Our people have the right to hope, the right to a future, the right to life itself.” – Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela Quotes On Education
20. “It is through education that the daughter of a peasant can become a doctor, that the son of a mine worker can become the head of the mine.” – Nelson Mandela
21. “Of course we desire education and we think it is a good thing, but you don’t have to have education in order to know that you want certain fundamental rights, you have got aspirations, you have got claims.” – Nelson Mandela
22. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela Quotes On Life
The next list of Nelson Mandela quotes include some life lessons he learned throughout all of the life experiences.
He shares with us some wisdom which could be used to greatly impact our lives.
25. “One of the things I learnt when I was negotiating was that until I changed myself, I could not change others.” – Nelson Mandela
26. “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
27. “The habit of attending to small things and of appreciating small courtesies is one of the important marks of a good person.” – Nelson Mandela
28. “I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter; I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment here to rest, to steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounds me, to look back on the distance I have come. But I can rest only for a moment, for with freedom come responsibilities, and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not yet ended.” – Nelson Mandela
29. “It is what we make out of what we have, not what we are given, that separates one person from another.” – Nelson Mandela
30. “We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.” – Nelson Mandela
31. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
32. “After climbing a great hill, one only finds that the are many more hills to climb.” – Nelson Mandela
33. “I have a special attachment to the people who befriended me during times of distress.” – Nelson Mandela
34. “What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others.” – Nelson Mandela
35. “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.” – Nelson Mandela
36. “We too will die but that which we collectively contribute to our national cultural identity will live forever beyond us.” – Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela Quotes On Racism
37. “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion.” – Nelson Mandela
38. “People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” – Nelson Mandela
39. “Let there be justice for all. Let there be peace for all. Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all.” – Nelson Mandela
40. “I detest racialism because I regard it as a barbaric thing, whether it comes from a black man or a white man.” – Nelson Mandela
41. “I detest racialism because I regard it as a barbaric thing, whether it comes from a black man or a white man.” – Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela Quotes On Forgiveness
We all know Nelson Mandela for the huge change he inspired and worked for in South Africa.
We know that we spent .. in prison and when he was release he surprised the world by treating his tormentors with forgiveness.
He is remembered due to this saintly act which led to a better South Africa.
His words below tell us about what inspired this selfless act.
42. “We must strive to be moved by a generosity of spirit that will enable us to outgrow the hatred and conflicts of the past.” – Nelson Mandela
43. “When a deep injury is done to us, we never heal until we forgive.” – Nelson Mandela
44. “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.” – Nelson Mandela
45. “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.” – Nelson Mandela
46. “You will achieve more in this world through acts of mercy than you will through acts of retribution.” – Nelson Mandela
47. “I knew as well as I knew anything that the oppressor must be liberated just as surely as the oppressed.” – Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela Quotes On Freedom
48. “Money won’t create success. The freedom to make it will.” – Nelson Mandela
49. “Since we have achieved our freedom, there can only be one division amongst us: between those who cherish democracy and those who do not” – Nelson Mandela
50. “We do not want freedom without bread, nor do we want bread without freedom.” – Nelson Mandela
51. “It was during those long & lonely years that my hunger for the freedom of my people became a hunger for the freedom of all people.” – Nelson Mandela
52. “Every community in our country has a fundamental right to be free from fear.” – Nelson Mandela