Worrying Never Changes The Outcome
If we could all change negative outcomes by worrying, I am certain all the experiences in my life will be filled with positive results and the time I spend worrying will not be a complete waste of time.
Worrying is something I have done a lot of.
And ironically I worried more when I was at a stage of my life when I was taking a path familiar and approved by many.
I worried about not being happy when I reach my destination, cause I wasn’t happy on the road.
Then I made the decision to leave this path and I worried all the disapproving voices were right.
1 year later, I am happy to live a life filled with fewer worries.
True I still do worry sometimes but I have adopted a method to help me quickly get out of the worrying train of thoughts.
Tips I will be sharing with you today.
10 Tips On How To Stop Worrying About Life
1. Listen To Success Stories
Listening to success stories makes us know the hard work and persistence it takes to achieve success.
Success stories make us realize that it is a process.
It takes time, there is no such thing as an overnight success.
So when things are not going as fast as you might have wanted it to, watching success stories remind us that even the people we look up to went through that same stage.
There were moments when they felt like giving up because things didn’t go their way.
Many successful people have lots of failure and rejection stories to share.
Stories which will help reduce the worry, as we can be reassured that it all gets better with time.
Taking time out to meditate is a great way to kill our worries.
Meditating helps us calm our mind down and control our thoughts.
When you re in that silence state and are mindful of the thoughts going through your mind you get to see things clearer.
You get to see worries for what they are, negative thoughts which might never come to pass.
Meditation gets you in a mindset of everything is going to be okay
3. Work On Your Vision
These days I worry the most are days which I spend bench watching a series.
On days when I feel like I have done nothing productive, I worry the most about the possibility of achieving my goals.
On days in which I met up with all or most things on my to-do list, I feel really confident about achieving my goals.
Working on your dreams puts you in the growth mindset ” I am not where I want to be in life today but I did something which takes me closer today”
4. Get Enough Sleep
Shortage of sleep leaves you in a restless state.
It has a negative effect on your mental ability.
When you are mentally sound you have a greater chance of stopping yourself from worrying.
It is scientifically proven that
Teenagers (14-17): Sleep range widened by one hour to 8-10 hours
Younger adults (18-25): Sleep range is 7-9 hours
Adults (26-64): Sleep range is 7-9 hours.
Older adults (65+): Sleep range is 7-8 hours
5. Reduce Your Social Media Consumption
There are two side effects of social media which make us worry more.
a. Scrolling through social media leads to brain fatigue.
The number of decisions you have to make about what to click or focus on and what not to.
b. So much content on social media which make us question our choices and where are at in life.
We get to see people sharing their highlights and then we compare that to our low
A very effective way to help us avoid these side effects is limiting the amount of time we spend on social media.
6. Don’t Procrastinate
Although procrastinating might have its advantages, but so much of it limits our growth.
This lack of progress could eventually lead to worries about our future.
Worries which would have been avoided if we just do what we need to do now instead of pushing it for later.
7. Daily Affirmations
Having daily affirmations is a good way to increase our faith in all the good we will become.
- You will be successful
- All things work for my good.
- The best is still to come.
Help us reduce our worry of an unsuccessful future.
8. Avoid Comparing
This is truly a waste of our time and a recipe for sleepless nights.
Comparing ourselves to others not knowing their full story takes us down a road of pointless worry and misery.
One caption I loved on Instagram today went something like this ” Many people want to take my place until they find out what it really takes to wear my crown “.
That person you are comparing yourself to and want their life might also be wanting your life because what it takes to live theirs is becoming unbearable.
All you can really do is work more on your process and less on trying to be the first one among your friends with a car or house.
9. Be Selective About The Company You Keep
Sometimes the people we keep around us might also put thoughts in our heads which make us worry more.
Friends or family who make you feel like you are not enough until you reach certain milestones.
People who criticize the path you are taking because they don’t believe in the results.
People who put you down for taking an unpopular path.
What we all need around us are people who don’t put us down for being different.
People who only criticize to make us better humans.
This kind of people make us worry less about who we are and what we will become
10. Have Faith
Above all, the one very important tip on how to stop worrying about life is believing in a positive outcome.
Believing in everything working for our good.
This not only gets us to stop worrying but also it makes us more courageous to take risks which leads us to bigger and better outcomes.
Having faith keeps us going even when we get many nos and several doors slammed in our face.
Quotes To Remember In order To Stop Worrying About Life
1. Worrying doesn’t take away tomorrow’s troubles; it takes away today’s peace.
2. Worrying will never change the outcome.
3. The less you worry, the less complicated life becomes.
4. 99% of things you worry about never happen.
5. Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
6. Happy is the man who has broken the chains which hurt the mind and has given up worrying once and for all
7. How much pain have cost us the evils that have never happened?
8. Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.
9. My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.
10. Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
11. The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.
12. The only thing you will ever accomplish by worrying is to elevate your stress levels.
13. Don’t miss the sun today worrying about the rain coming tomorrow.
14. Worrying is wasting energy on the things you can’t control. Leave everything in God’s hand. Think less, pray more.
15. Spend less time tearing yourself apart, worrying if you’re good enough. You are good enough.
16. I heard you were focusing a little more on yourself, and worrying a little less about everyone else. That’s beautiful.
17. If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?
18. Worrying will never change the outcome.
19. The more energy you spend worrying about the people who didn’t get your bus, the less you will have for the people who are on your bus. And if you are worried about the people who didn’t get on your bus you won’t have the energy to keep on asking new people to get on.
20. Worrying won’t stop the bad stuff from happening it just stops you from enjoying the good.
21. Recognize that worrying is not helping you, but draining your energy and stressing you out.
22. Start noticing when you are worrying and give yourself permission to stop. Remind yourself regularly.
23. Make the distinction between a real problem and an imagined scenario that hasn’t happened yet.
24. Be patient with yourself. Learning how to worry less takes time.
25. Worrying is like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain.
26. Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere.
27. The less you worry about what people think, the less complicated life becomes.
28. Less worrying, more faith that things will get better. Less complaining, more hard work. Life responds to your attitude. Stay positive.
29. You need to learn to see and compose. The more time you waste worrying about your equipment the less time you will have to put into creating great images. Worry about your images. Not your equipment.
30. The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.
Worrying Is Nothing But A Killer Of Present Happiness
I am sure you are on the present search of how to stop worrying about life because you already know about the sad and sleepless nights worrying can lead to.
You have taken the first step, now you know what it takes to live a worry-free life.
All you need do, to get the life you truly desire is action.
I will like to hear from you, what do you worry about most?