Why do we need to relax and recharge?
We all go stressful times, times when we just feel like shutting down everything.
But then we have so many deadlines to meet, so many engagements which make it impossible to do just that.
We might even feel like taking that time off to shut down is a waste of time and detrimental for our progress.
But the truth is taking out time to relax and recharge is very important in order to getting the job done.
You see if our goal is not just getting the job done but getting it done with excellence, then it will be best if that job is done when we are recharged, relaxed and working with more than a 90 percent of our energy.
- Taking out time to relax and recharge also helps us to prevent burn out.
- Recharging helps you reduce stress
- It increases your creativity
- Helps you live for longer
- It strengthens your immune system
- Above all you feel better when you are well relaxed and recharged
Quotes About The Benefits Of Relaxing And Recharging
1. “Taking time to rest, renew, and refresh yourself isn’t wasted time. Recharge. Choose what energizes you.”
― Melody Beattie, Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul
2. “If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race.”
― Oprah Winfrey
3. “Relax, Recharge and Reflect. Sometimes it’s OK to do nothing.”
― Izey Victoria Odiase
4. Take a break from the stresses of life and use that time to rediscover the important things that matter to you most. We all deserve an anti-stress day to recharge our batteries.”
― Dee Waldeck
How To Relax And Recharge ?
Now we know the why, let’s dive into the how.
1. Seek Solitude
I know it is commonly believed that only introverts need solitude to recharge but
2. Relaxing and Recharging with Self-Care
Go do your hair, go have a massage.
Do whatever helps you feel better about yourself, what makes you better.
If you have been around my site for a while now you will know my top favorite self care routines
Meditation helps you be in the present.
It helps you limit your worries about the future or the past, it helps you focus on what helps you stay calm.
Meditation is what you need to strengthen your mental abilities and get the relaxation you need for a more refreshed, hence effiecient you.
When I am exercising it feels like all the worries or issues keeping me down have decided to give me a break.
Today I recieved a very rude message from a guest I was trying to book for my TV show, it really hurt and I was grateful it was when I working out.
Because immediately I dropped that fun and started my dance workut routine, I took a break from the hurt.
I had time to process and when I returned to respnd after my workout, I was in the state of mind to give the best respond I could.
When they go low you go high, I did just that.
Reading to for me is one of my favorite healthy escapes.
An excape which increases my wisdom as I relax.
3. Do Nothing
Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing.
Just sitting there, looking at the roof.
Taking that time to be just be with our thoughts.
This a great way to take a break from our face pace lives.
A moment to evaluate or actions and restrategise
4. Daily Motivation
This is the most recommended source of recharging for me.
Mainly because this has been one of the most impactful ways of recharging for me.
My daily dose of motivation keeps me going, on days when I don’t feel like waking up.
Music, a movie, a success story or youtube video, just anything which reminds me that it gets better with time.
5. Spend Time With God
Spending time with a power source greater than any earthly power.
Taking time out to get in touch with something mightier than what any of us can comprehend.
This reminds us that even with the things that are out of our control someone who has our best interest is still in control of them.
This gives us a sense of security to keep on moving with faith as we become recharged by assurance from someone with limitless powers.
I do this so often and it has really helped me keep my sanity.
Taking some moments in my day when I do nothing social media, no responding to anything or scrolling .
Sometime to stay away from anything which might cause you feel like you are behind on your journey, anything that makes you feel not enough.
Just a moment from getting updates on the life of others.
Taking time to catch up with you, what are you feeling now, why are you feeling the way you are feeling.
7. Spend Time With Friends And Family
This is an awesome way to relax and get away from worries.
Just spending time with loved one, catching up and having fun for fun sake is an incredible means to recharge.
After spending time with love ones and feeling the love and the sense of belonging, we are able to be in the state of mind of which makes us love life, a happy state of mind and very situable for high efficiency.
8. Do What You Love
Watch that movie you have always wanted to be .
Dance to that music you can resist moving to.
Watch that comedy special, have fun.
Do something you are so invlove with that thinking or worrying about something else is not even a possibility.
You are so busy being carried away by something you truly love.
Visiting new places gives you a new outlook on life.
You are recharged by the new cultures, new people, new adventures.
You are recharged by a world so abstract from your daily routine.
To add to this traveling also;
- Increases your social amd communication skills
- Enhances your tolenrance for unceratinty
- Boosts up your confidence
- Gets you real life education
- Creates memories for a life time.
- Gives you peace of mind.
This is truly an awesome way to escape yur reality.
10. Go To Sleep
This is one of my favorite ways to relax and recharge, I honestly wish I could do more of this especially on days whne I have so many worries in my reality I will like to get away from.
This is a highly recommended way to recharge which we sometimes don’t get enough of.
The side effects of not getting of enough this recharge is;
- You dumping down
- Health issues like; heart attack, highblood pressure, stroke and so much more
- Some symptoms of depressions
- Making you forgetful
- Your skin aging
- You gaining weight
- Lack of great judgement
Quotes On How To Recharge
1. “Positive energy is your priceless life force. Protect it. Don’t allow people to draw from your reserves; select friends who recharge your energies . . . I’m not asking you to cut people out of your life, but I am asking you to invest your time with people who will push you to be your best. Winners love to see other people win.”
― Chalene Johnson, PUSH: 30 Days to Turbocharged Habits, a Bangin’ Body, and the Life You Deserve!
2. “When you travel with your family, you may not get the volume of work done you would if you were alone, but you can still do something while recharging. If nothing else, you can gather your own thoughts, write down ideas, observe people around you, and reflect on experiences. Working doesn’t always mean putting words on paper.”
― Barbara DeMarco-Barrett
3. “Daily motivation is essential to recharge your spirit.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita, Pearls of Wisdom: Great mind
4. “One of the best ways to recharge is by simply being in the presence of art. No thoughts, no critiques. Just full-on absorption mode.”
― Dean Francis Alfar
5. “NATURE: Where people go to recharge”
― Darlene Dawne
6. “Inspire yourself. Read books. Go through experiences. Take risks. Ignore the judgments. Create an adventure, a special moment you’d never forget, a great memory that won’t die. Ignore the judgments. Don’t say yes when you actually mean no. Go with your own flow. Do the things that you want to do, and not what anyone else wants you to do. I insist, ignore the judgments. Get a deep sleep. Recharge your spirit. Be yourself. Feel alive because you need to, dear.”
― Menna Hani
7. “When we look at nature, we receive a sort of permission to be alive in this world, and our entire bodies get recharged. However often we’re ignored and pushed away by other people, nature will always give us a good big hug, here inside our hearts.”
― Naoki Higashida, The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism
8. “If you’re feeling a little burned out, taking a break can help recharge your wiggly bits. You don’t necessarily need to head off on holiday. You can simply take your foot off the accelerator and cruise for a while. I call this my ‘fallow period’. It’s a farming term that means letting the field lie unplanted for a year so the nutrients can return to the soil. Who knows what could grow next year? So don’t be afraid to just do your work for a while without constantly thinking about the next big thing.”
― Kate Toon, Confessions of a Misfit Entrepreneur: How to succeed in business despite yourself
9. “People who do a job that claims to be creative have to be alone to recharge their batteries. You can’t live 24 hours a day in the spotlight and remain creative. For people like me, solitude is a victory.”
― Karl Lagerfeld
10. “Self-care is how you take your power back.”
― Lalah Delia
11. “Everybody needs some time to rejuvenate, refresh, recharge and begin again. Seeing babies face is the best way to relax, refresh, rejuvenate and recharge.”
― Revathi Sankaran
12. “Your brain needs plenty of rest to function at it’s optimal level. Go to sleep!”
― Lalah Delia
13. “To be fully alive, you need time with God to recharge.”
― Craig Groeschel, Weird: Because Normal Isn’t Working
14. “Are you managing your energy well and using it for things that matter? Do you stop to recharge before you push yourself to critically low levels? Unplug to recharge.”
― Susan C. Young
15. “Sleep is our recharge function and our reset button…and we all need a reset button sometimes.”
― Sam Owen, Resilient Me: How to Worry Less and Achieve More
16. “Meditation directly impacts our nervous system by reducing the body’s production of stress-related chemicals such as cortisol. It’s a great way to recharge our personal battery.”
― Laurie Buchanan, PhD
Don’t Feel Quilty
The common belief is the harder you work the more succesful you will be.
While I don’t underestimate the importance of hardwork, I storngly belive that hardwork without the smart component is highly defficient.
Without the smart component you get to work more for a lesser gain while the smart ones work minimum hours for a higher pay.
In order to be in your A gain, Hard work and intelligent extremely important.
In order for us to be at the peak of our intelligence we need out time to recharge.
So when people don’t think you work hard enough because you take out time to recharge, you sleep more that 4 hours a week and go on vacation , let this not guilt you into eliminating this healthy practice from your life.
For we all want different things in life and for the balanced and highly fufilling life you want, taking time out to relax and recharge is the way to go.