Today I will like us to look at some of the best quotes on fear.
When we look at fear as an acronym, there 3 popular meanings we can find
F.E.A.R – Fuck Everything And Run
F.E.A.R- Face Everything And Rise
F.E.A.R- False Evidence Appearing Real
Let’s make our decision on our definition of choice.
Now let’s proceed to know more about fear, how to overcome it and some advantages and disadvantages of fear.
Best Quotes About Fear and courage
1. Courage is fear that has said its prayer.
2. Being brave isn’t the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it.
3. I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
4. Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you.
5. Fear is static that prevents me from hearing myself.
6. Fear is nothing more than an obstacle that stands in the way of progress. In overcoming our fears we can move forward stronger and wiser within ourselves.
7. Fear is the brain’s way of saying that there is something important for you to overcome.
8. Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create.
9. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
10. You’re always going to be afraid, even if you learn to hide it.
11. Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.
12. Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision.
13. The greatest prison people live in is the fear of what other people think.
14. Fear is like fire. It can cook for you. It can heat your house or it can burn you down.
15. Fear is a liar.
16. Fear arises when we imagine that everything depends on us.
17. Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed
18. Fears are nothing more than a state of mind.
19. Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.
20. Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
21. Fear is one of the great evils of our times, perverting our minds in times of uncertainty and precariousness.
Best Quotes On How To Overcome Fear
22. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
23. When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.
24. What I came to realize is that fear, that’s the worst of it. That’s the real enemy. So, get up, get out in the real world and you kick that bastard as hard as you can right in the teeth.
25. The Beautiful thing about fear is when you run to it, it runs away.
26. You can’t stop being afraid just by pretending everything that scares you isn’t there.
27. We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.
Martin Luther King. Jr
28. Curiosity will conquer fear even more than bravery will.
29. The key to success is for you to make a habit throughout your life of doing the things you fear.
Vincent Van Gogh
30. Average performers stop when they feel fear. Iconic producers accelerate once they get frightened.
31. Becoming fearless isn’t the point. That’s impossible. It’s learning how to control your fear and how to be free from it.
32. If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try
33. Nothing in life is to be feard. it is to be understood.
34. Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right.
35. The fear of facing your fears is harder to overcome than the fear itself.
36. Thinking will not overcome fear but action will.
W. Clement Stone
37. Do the things we fear and death of fear is certain.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
38. Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it… that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear.
Best Quotes On the Advantages Of Overcoming Fear
39. Life begins where fear ends
40. Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
41. If you decide to move forward with conquering your fears in life, you will see your self-esteem soar to new heights.
42. He who doesn’t fear death dies only once
43. Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom
44. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
Best Quotes On The Disadvantage Of Fear
45. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
Franklin D. Roosevelt
46. Fear can keep us up all night long, but faith can make us a fine pillow.
47. Fear kills dreams more than failure ever will.
48. Don’t let your fear of what could happen make nothing happen.
49. Fear is the path to the dark side, fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
50. Fear is temporary, regret is forever.
51. How very little can be done under the spirit of fear.
52. Fear imprisons, faith liberates; fear paralyzes, faith empowers; fear disheartens, faith encourages…
Harry Emerson Fosdick
53. The enemy is fear, we think it is hate; but, it is fear.
54. When you evoke fear you set into motion the physiology of stress that accelerates biological aging. You must let go of this fear in order to reverse.
55. The only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve is the fear of failure.
56. Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
57. Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
58. Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is.
59. Fear kills your ability to see beauty. You have to get beyond, back to a comfortable space before you can even start looking around.
60. If we deny love that is given to us, if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss, then our lives will be empty, our loss greater.
61. Fear makes people evil
62. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.
63. The fears we don’t face becomes our limits.
64. Fear is an idea-crippling, experience- crushing, success-stalling inhibitor inflicted only by yourself.
65. Extreme fear can neither fight nor fly.
66. Fear does not stop death, it stops life.
Best Quotes On The Advantages Of Fear
67. Fear is like a companion. A constant companion, always there. But that’s okay because fear can bring us together.
68. Danger doesn’t lurk at every corner. It’s just hanging out, waiting for fear and horror to show up.
69. Fear is the mother of foresight.
70. Love can’t exist without fear. If the thought of losing someone doesn’t scare the shit out of you, then it’s not love
71. There are times when fear is good. It must keep its watchful place at the heart’s controls. There is advantage in the wisdom won from pain.
72. Fear makes us feel our humanity.
Liz Arch Best Quotes On Fear
I will like us to conclude by looking at some best quotes on fear from a very inspiring lady.
Someone who rose up to greater heights from a very challenging past.
73. Feal fear but do it anyway.
74. Fear is wetting your pants and courage is showing up to the party with wet pants.
75. Courage is looking fear in the face and saying I am going to step into you.
76. Fear can be an ally, it is all about knowing the difference when fear is holding us back or is actually there to save us.
Let Your Fear Guide You
As we have seen above, there is so much that leads to fear.
But one thing is certain our fears don’t need to be eliminated in order for us to achieve greatness.
All we need do is acknowledge this fear and act despite this fear.
Our fear is also there to warn us about danger so we need to reflect on the reason why we have fear.
Is it signaling entry into a danger zone or an exit from a comfort zone?
I will like to hear from you, what has been your relationship with fear?
How often do you face your fears?
As usual, my friends, go be legendary